Cauliflower Chickpea Masala Burgers
For the Burgers
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped cauliflower
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ tbsp. garam masala
- ½ tbsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. salt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ cup panko
For the Cilantro Mint Mayo
- 2 tbsp. vegan mayo
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
To Make the Burgers
- Whisk flax seeds together with 3 tbsp. water.
- Set aside and allow to sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cauliflower and sauté another 5 minutes, until cauliflower softens.
- Transfer cauliflower mixture to food processor and add remaining burger ingredients, including remaining 1 tbsp. oil. Pulse until well mixed.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Coat skillet with oil or cooking spray and cook patties about 5 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Stir together mayo ingredients and use to top burgers