Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt).
- 2. In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients (water, oil). Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- 3. Spread batter into an 8" or 9" square baking pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, but keep checking for preferred doneness after 10 minutes - just eyeball it until it's as gooey or chewy as you like!