Cinnamon & Sugar Pretzel Bites
- 1 package of active dry yeast (2.5 Teaspoons)
- 2 T sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 4 T melted butter
- 5 T sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon
- In mixing bowl add dry yeast, water, and sugar. Let sit for ten minutes.
- Mix in flour and knead for about 8 minutes. I like to use my KitchenAid for this part.
- Grease bowl and place dough back in bowl. Let rise for one hour.
- Separate dough into about 10 - 12 pieces. Roll into long ropes about 1/3 inch thick. Cut into 1 1/2 inch length pieces.
- Place on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 8 minutes. Time my vary depending on oven.
- Place on cooling rack and brush with melted butter or dip in butter. Cover pretzel bites with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Serve warm.
- Makes about 10 servings.