Chocolate Dark chocolate (Bibaekee)
- Prep time: 25 mins
- 1 part gheeo
- 1 part cocoa powder
- 2 parts icing sugar (we found this sweet enough)
- chopped almonds, hazelnuts / raisins etc. (optional)
- Make sure you are japping naam and/or reciting gurbaaNee :-)
- Measure out ingredients. Any combination of chopped almonds, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, raisins, spices can be added later if you wish, or you can keep the choc plain. If you use nuts/raisins, wash and dry them now. Vaaheguroo jaandae where they have been!
- Heat gheeo gently in large'ish sarbloh bataa with low heat. Add all the cocoa and stir vigorously with sarbloh spoon until completely smooth and liquified.
- Take care not to overheat, placing on and off hob as appropriate. Remember you are not cooking these ingredients, you are simply blending them together.
- Add all the icing sugar and again stir vigorously so it blends nicely. You should have a thick mixture which you will again have to place on and off hob. Be careful - with sugar added it will burn much easier.
- Once it's nice and smooth, add all the optional ingredients if desired, mixing well.
- Very, very lightly grease sarbloh tray, plate etc. with gheeo/oil. Will make choc very easy to break off later.
- Slowly pour out mixture into the middle of tray/plate. Shake/tilt it until choc covers tray/plate uniformly. Naturally, the smaller the tray/plate the chunkier the chocolate; the bigger the tray/plate, the slimmer your pieces will be. Chunkier choc takes longer to melt when handled which is a good thing.
- Place in freezer then once solid keep it refrigerated. Alternatively place in fridge and within several hours it will be nice and solid.
- If travelling, can be places into a coarse cloth, wrapped in placed in some sort of cooler bag. Remember, there are no milk solids in this so it will melt very easily.
- twice as much icing sugar as gheo was sweet enough
- benchmark re: measurements was 125g of cocoa
- small/big pizza dishes will give thick/thin pieces
p.s if i have any more pro bibeki desert recipes i will be sure to share..sharing is caring [img]http://forums.waheguroo.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png[/img]