Great Vegan Cake
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 scant cup soy milk/rice milk/water
- Mix ingredients and bake at 375°F (190° C) for 30 minutes in a greased pan.
- Let the cake cool down for 5 minutes.
- Use a knife and separate the cake from the pan by going the edges of the inside of the pan.
- Put a flat plate or pan on top of the cake pan and flip upside down to remove the cake from the pan.
Top with icing, chocolate sauce, whip cream, jelly or anything else you choose.
(If adding icing, be sure to let the cake down completely otherwise the icing will melt.)
Sweet and Light Lemon Cake: add 1/4 cup of lemon juice in place of 1-4 cup of the water/soy milk/rice milk
Orange Cake: add 1 cup orange juice instead of the liquid and cut back sugar to half a cup
Torte: cut 1 or 2 apples into slices and lay them on top. You can sprinkle with cinnamon and/or sugar if you like.
Source: [Eggless Cake Recipes]