- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbls. sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp. yeast
- 3/4 cup hot whey leftover after the making of Paneer
- 1 cup warm water
- 5 tbls. butter, melted
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl and stir.
- If the whey has cooled, heat whey and water. Slice butter and stir into the hot liquid to melt.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir well until combined.Stir and knead for an additional five minutes, until the dough is smooth and warm.
- Divide dough into desired portions. I suggest two pieces for full size loaves or three pieces for moderate, individual loaves. Pat the dough into a rectangle and then roll up into a cylinder. Pinch seams and edges and shape a little bit more.
- Place onto a sheet pan that’s been sprinkled with flour. Cover and rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- If you want sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 425F for 30 minutes