This is a simple recipe for Kheer. Serves Approximately 4
- 1 cup of rice per gallon of milk
- Sugar to taste (Maybe 5 tbls)
- 1/2 tsp. unsalted butter (ghee or melted butter block)
- 1 or 2 cardamom (lechee)(optional for aroma or taste)
- 1 cup of raisins (soggy)(preferably green)(optional)
- 1 cup of almonds (badham)(chopped or sliced) (optional)
- 1 cup of coconut (tutee)(shredded or pre-shredded) optional
The cardamom, raisins, almonds, and coconut are all optional and to taste.
1. Boil the milk and butter on low heat.
2. When the mixture is beginning to boil, add the washed rice.
3. Keep stirring the rice until cooked. (Make sure you keep stirring so the milk doesn't scorch the bottom.
4. Add the optional ingredients if needed.
5. Add the sugar
6. You can cook in more depending on your taste whether thin or thick
Enjoy your sweet rice.