Pakora Recipe: Serves 4
- 1/2 onion
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 1 handful of spinach (medium-sized pieces)
- 6 mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon masala
- Besan (Channa) 1/2 cup or 1 cup, adjust so that mixture is slightly thick
- Cooking Oil (Wesson cooking/frying oil)
Note: Can't fry olive oil because of the molecules - it can only tolerate low heat.
Add the following into a big enough sized bowl:
- 1. Cut onions into thin pieces (Cut in half and then slice)
- 2. Cut potatoes into small thin pieces (Cut in half and then slice)
- 3. Using hands tear apart spinach, cut in half, and slice thin horizontally.
- 4. Cut mushrooms into thin slices.
- 5. Add salt & masala
(If mixture is dry, add water). It may not need water if spinach or other ingredients are wet.
- 6. Add besan. Add enough so it sticks together, (not watery/absorbs water). If dry, add water; if too watery, add more besan.
If too thick, you will taste the flour. If too thin, separation will occur.
Cook 1 pakora first & check for taste (salt) etc.. Adjust accordingly.
- 7. Drop spoonfuls of batter into the oil.
Fry the pakoras until golden in color, make sure you turn them over so they cook properly.
- 8.When cooked, drain the excess oil on a sheet of brown paper or paper towels.