Potatoes & Peas
Serves 2-4 people
2/3 cup oil
3 medium onions, sliced
1 tsp. fresh garlic (lasan), crushed
1 tsp. fresh ginger(adrakh), finely chopped
1 tsp. chilli powder( optional)if you chose to add this ingredient, I would preferably use fresh chillies.
1/2 tsp. turmeric(haldi)
1 tsp. salt
2 fresh green chillies, finely chopped
1 1/4 cups water
3 medium potatoes
3 1/2 oz peas(frozen or fresh)
Based on your taste, you can add or subtract spices. This is just the basic recipe.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onions and fry them, stirring occasionally, until they are golden brown.
- Mix together the garlic, ginger, chili powder (optional), turmeric, salt, and green chillies. Add the spice mixture to the onions.
- Stir in 2/3 cup of the water, cover and cook until the onions are finished cooking.
- Meanwhile, peel and rinse the potatoes then cut them into six slices each, using a sharp knife.
- Add the potatoes to the mixture and stir-fry for 5 min.
- Add the peas and the remaining 2/3 cup of water to the skillet, cover and cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes & peas to serving plates and enjoy.