Quick and easy pizza dough
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 .25oz (1/4 oz) package of active dry yeast (1/4 oz. = 2-1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- Begin by preheating the oven to 230 degrees C or 450 degrees F.
- Then, dissolve the sugar and yeast in the warm water, in a medium sized bowl. Allow it to stand for about 10 minutes, until it turns creamy.
- Next, stir in the oil, flour and salt. Beat this mixture until it becomes smooth. Keep it aside for about 5 minutes.
- Place this dough on a surface that is lightly floured, and roll or pat into a circular, flat shape.
- Put this rolled dough on a pizza pan that has been greased lightly.
Optional: Bake dough for 5-10 minutes so it rises before adding sauce and toppings.
- Spread with pizza sauce and whatever topping you want and bake for about 15-20 minutes.