Raw Vegan Chocolate Pudding
It's rich, sweet, almost indistinguishable from "normal" pudding, and you can make it almost instantly.
Taken from "Healthy Food for Living". Makes about 2 servings.
- 4 large Medjool dates, pitted
- dash of pure vanilla extract
- 1 large banana, extra-ripe preferred
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pure maple syrup (to taste)
Cover dates with warm water in a small bowl and let soak for 10 minutes, or until soft.
In a food processor, combine dates, vanilla, banana, and cocoa powder and blend until smooth. This may take a few minutes to get perfectly smooth.
Taste, and add maple syrup if desired. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator.