Red velvet cake
- 2 sticks of butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of self raising flour
- 3-4 tablespoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of eggreplacer (if you dont want to use egg replacer, dont worry my friend. Just use three table spoon of yogurt and three
- 1 tablespoon of oil. or 1/4 cup of tofo. or tablespoon of oil and tablespoon of water whisked till thickened.
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups of milk(add more or less as you need)
- 2 tablespoon of red food coloring
IMPORTANT : PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 Fahrenheit or Gas mark 4
(STEP 1) whisk together 2 sticks of butter with 2 cups of sugar.
(STEP 2) mix together self raising flour, baking powder. Add in your choice of egg replacement, salt and milk.
(STEP 3) mix together your sugar and butter batter with you cake mixture. In other words mix together step 1 and 2 very well.
(STEP 4) Add 2 tablespoons of red food coloring to the whole mixture and stir well. (warning: you may want to wear gloves or apron if your a messy baker because red food colouring stains)
(STEP 5) Well oil two cake trays and seperate cake mixture equally with in these two trays.
BAKE - on gas mark 4 for 25 - 30 minutes. (please make sure you do preheat oven)
140 grams of Room temperature unsalted butter 280 grams of icing sugar 1 - 2 tablespoons of milk vanilla pods (optional)
(MIX WELL AND SPREAD BETWEEN BOTH OF THE CAKES FOR EXTRA TASTE)
For this cake you can add nuts in with the cake batter for your own taste. In the past I have added sultanas chocolate chips, Dried fruits. Baking is enjoyable so add any ingredients you enjoy. Best results with this cake comes with doing simran or having bani being read in the back ground. If any batter is left over, just add the batter into cupcake cases and make yourself some little cupcakes.
For more information just ask on email@example.com