Roasted Fingerling Fries
- 16 fingerling potatoes cut into halves
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Lemon zest from one lemon
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. In a bowl add potatoes, onion slices, and olive oil. Toss to combine and sprinkle with spices.
- 3. Pour potato mixture into a large baking dish.
- 4. Roast in oven, stirring occasionally, 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden.
An 8-oz potato is approximately 100 calories, so the potato is NOT the enemy. It's what you do with your potato that counts!
Fun Factoid: The potato is 80 percent water and 20 percent solids.
Source: Beliefnet Autumn Recipes