- 25g butter
- 3/4 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- Preheat oven to 160 °C (320 °F) Brush a 28 x 18cm shallow rectangle cake tin with melted butter. Cover base with grease paper, which is extended over sides.
- Beat butter and sugar in small mixing bowl, until light and creamy.
- Add sifted flour. Press together to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface, knead lightly until smooth.*Press dough into prepared tin. Cut into fingers. Pierce with fork.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until set and browned. When almost cool cut through lines into pieces.
Note:*to make shortbread into shapes, roll the dough on the lightly floured surface and cut out shapes using food stencils. Then continue to method 4