Strawberry cheese cake
- 70 gm, 1/2 cup flour
- 50 gm (1/3 cup) almonds, ground
- 50 gm (1/3 cup) walnuts, ground
- 2tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar (muscovado or jaggery)
- 2 tbsp water
Prepare the Crust:
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the base and press into a greased 9 “ (23 cm) springform pan
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
Prepare the topping:
In a blender or food processor puree strawberries and sugar until smooth. Keep aside.
- 500 gm, 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese (I used Philadelphia cream cheese)
- 400 gm, 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, pureed in a blender or food processor
- 600 gm (1 1/2 cup) soft yogurt (Greek yogurt)
Make the Cheesecake mixture:
In the bowl of a stand mixer or food processor or with a hand blender whip the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in condensed milk, strawberry puree and vanilla. When smooth, mix in the yogurt and beat until well mixed.
Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared crust.
Gently pour the strawberry topping over the cheesecake mixture and tilt the pan to make it spread evenly.
Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degree centigrade, 325F, gas mark 3 for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
Bring to room temperature and chill well, for atleast 3 hours in the refrigerator before you serve.
Note: you can use any fruit instead of strawberries. For decoration evenly slice strawberries and place on top of cheesecake