Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) vegan margarine, melted
- 1 16 oz jar (about 2 cups) peanut butter
- 1 1-pound box (about 4 cup) powdered sugar
- 3 cups puffed rice cereal (optional)
- 1 bag vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz bar Bakers Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate Squares
- In a large bowl,mix the melted margarine and peanut butter until fully blended
- Continue to mix (with a spoon or using your fingers),gradually adding the powdered sugar and rice cereal.
- Once evenly mixed, mold mixture into 1 inch balls.
- If it is too dry to form balls, add more peanut butter
- Set the balls aside, break bakers chocolate into smaller pieces, then combine with chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally, until all chunks are gone.
- With the chocolate on low heat, use a fork to dip each peanut butter ball into the chocolate.
- After dipping, place balls on war paper on a cookie sheet
- Cool in refrigerator until chocolate is hard
- Drizzle remaining chocolate over the tops of the cooled truffles to create a decorative effect
- Refrigerate until all of the chocolate is firm then remove truffles from the wax paper.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Makes a few dozen.