Wrigley's Animal Derived Products
Thank you for contacting Wrigley to ask about animal-derived ingredients in our products sold in the United States. We understand that it is important for our consumers to know the ingredients in the food that they eat, and we also know that dietary restrictions must be carefully considered. We are happy to answer your question and share this information with you.
While most of the Wrigley products sold in the U.S. do not contain animal-derived ingredients, some of our products contain gelatin and dairy. The gelatin used in our products is thoroughly purified and dried during its manufacturing process, and it is a necessary ingredient to achieve the right texture in our candies. Our team is continually looking at alternatives to animal-derived ingredients, but we have not yet been able to find a substitute that produces the same quality that our consumers have come to love in our products. Wrigley is conscious of dietary restrictions, and we work hard to make sure that the products sold in parts of the world with Halal markets are free from any animal-based ingredients. Our priority is to make the best products using ingredients that meet the needs of our fans around the world.
The products sold in the United States that contain gelatin include:
- Altoids® mints (Peppermint, Spearmint, Wintergreen, Cinnamon, Liquorice, Ginger, Cool Honey). Please note that Altoids® Smalls do not contain gelatin.
- Life Savers® Gummies
- All Starburst® Fruit Chews varieties (Original, Tropical, Sours, FaveReds, Morph, Sweet Fiesta, Very Berry)
- All Starburst® GummiBursts (Original, Sours, Flavor Duos)
- Extra® Polar Ice.
- Dairy is used in our Creme Savers® to give the candy that delicious creamy taste.
- Our Life Savers® Pep-O-Mint and Wint-O-Green also contain stearic acid, which is an animal-based ingredient.
- Beginning in 2009, Skittles® have been updated without gelatin. For Skittles and other products that have been updated without gelatin, gelatin will not be listed in the ingredient line any longer.
We hope this information is helpful. For additional questions or more information about Wrigley, please visit www.wrigley.com, or contact us at any time at 1-800-WRIGLEY (974-4539) Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.
Have a sweet day!
Barbra North Consumer Care Representative