Wrigley's Chewing Gum
"Thank you for contacting the Wrigley Company to inquire about the use of animal-derived ingredients in our products sold in the United States.
The majority of Wrigley products sold in the U.S. are free from ingredients of animal origin, including egg and dairy products. A list of these acceptable products is included or attached with this response.
While a small percentage of the products we sell in the U.S. may contain ingredients of animal origin, we take great strides to ensure our products are free from any animal-based ingredients in geographies with dietary restrictions preventing such ingredients. For example, all Wrigley products sold in the Middle East and Indonesia are free from animal-derived ingredients.
Our priority is, and always will be, to manufacture only the highest quality confectionery products using ingredients that meet the needs of our customers around the world. By understanding our global customers and adjusting product offerings accordingly, we are able to deliver great tasting confections to more than 180 countries.
We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions or comments please feel free to contact us at 1-800-WRIGLEY Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST.
U.S. Wrigley Products Without Animal-Derived Ingredients
- Wrigley's Spearmint® gum
- Doublemint® gum and mints
- Big Red® gum
- Juicy Fruit® stick gum
- Winterfresh® gum
- Five® Cobalt, Rain, Flare and Lush gums
- Extra® Cinnamon, Bubble Gum, Peppermint, Spearmint, Winterfresh, Cool Green Apple, Cool Watermelon, Supermint, Berry Pearadise and Fruit Sensations flavors
- Eclipse® gum and mints
- Hubba Bubba® chunk and tape gums
- Big League Chew® shredded gum
- Freedent® gum
- Orbit® Bubblemint, Wintermint, Peppermint, Spearmint, Cinnamint, Sweetmint, Citrusmint, Fabulous Fruitini, Lemon Lime, Maui Melon Mint, Mint Mojito, Raspberry Mint and Sangria Fresca
- Orbit® WhiteTM pellet gums
- LifeSavers® hard candies and LifeSavers® lollipops
- Altoids® Sours and Altoids® gum
- Skittles® Candies
- Starburst® Fruit Chews, (with the exception of the Starburst® GummiBursts, which do contain a pork based gelatin.)
As of January 2009, we started to produce gelatin free Skittles and Starburst candy. These products have a shelf life of 60 weeks or roughly 14 months. There will still be packages on the store shelves that contain gelatin until all of these packages have been sold
Note: Slight changes to product recipes can occur from time to time. Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-WRIGLEY any time to answer any ingredient questions that arise.
Molly Flay Consumer Affairs Representative"